To help families in Washington County, OHSU Tuality Healthcare is launching an exciting new capital project adding a much-needed OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital pediatric and neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) to the hospital in Hillsboro.
For many families, not having a NICU, advanced obstetrics and in-patient pediatric services, means seeking care elsewhere, often outside of the community where their support network is strongest. Many babies are transferred to OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland on Marquam Hill, and many expecting moms drive past the hospital to deliver.
The new unit located on the second floor of the hospital will allow board-certified pediatric physicians and pediatric trained support staff to care for ill children and moderately sick newborns.
We are excited to be adding this to our services, especially as the population of Washington County expands at a rapid rate and more families join our community. We believe this level of care and services should be available to everyone where you live and work.
The OHSU Doernbecher unit is anticipated to open in summer 2020, and will be funded in part with help from the community.
The new pediatric and neonatal unit will include:
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital services for babies and children up to 18 years of age
- Four pediatric beds and four neonatal intensive care beds
- Board-certified pediatric physicians and pediatric trained support staff
- Services for all of Washington County and beyond
This unit will change healthcare in our community and will:
- Allow women experiencing high-risk pregnancies to deliver closer to home and their support network
- Care for babies needing support after birth in a Level II NICU
- Allow families carrying triplets to deliver in Hillsboro
- Add pediatric in-patient services
FOR MORE INFORMATION, including how you can help support this project, please contact Maria McCandless at email@example.com or 503-681-1564.